So, I completed my first 5K today. It was a fund raiser for my really good friend Tracy. She was diagnosed about a month and half ago with Breast Cancer. She is truly amazing!! I look up to her for the strength and great attitude she has had through all of this. She even walked today after having surgery just less than a week and half ago. She brought me to tears when she came through the finish line. While I was walking to catch my breath Kris and Broc (Tracy's husband and son) went past me and then I caught back up with them and pulled Broc's bike for awhile because he was tired and was riding on Kris' shoulders. But I am pretty happy with my time I finished with a 38mins and not sure on the seconds. I have not ran in two months. Spank stayed home with Hadlie cuz she was still asleep, but wishes he would've been there. We are very glad we have gotten to know Kris, Tracy, and Broc and appreciate their friendship.
1 comment:
Good for you Amy! I really wish we could have ran it also, but Steve had to work. Keep on running!
Post a Comment