Friday, February 27, 2009

Done Working!!

Well, I don't have any pics with this post but I am way excited. This was my first official week home! When it got close for me to being done at work I started to get anxiety because I have always had a job since I was sixteen and before that I babysat every weekend and all day during the summers for about three years. And even when I had Hadlie I only got the six weeks off for Maternity because Spank had just started his own business and we needed the money. But it sure was nice to not have to go work. But I am helping Spank with his business and man he is a slave driver. He kept me pretty busy this week, but that is fine with me because I think I would go stir crazy. I am little nervous about the money, but I am sure we'll be fine. I am putting all my faith in the Lord and I know he will take care of us. Hadlie has been so happy and I am excited to be able to do things with her and be able to hang out with my mom and sisters a little more. And I really can't wait for summer and to be able to enjoy the outside activities.

Also with having a little more time I have been able to start reading again. It started out with "The Sound of Rain" By Anita Stansfield and it's the first book of four. Well I read it in about three days and then my friend Tracy said she had the second and third one so I got those from her and finished, " A distant Thunder" in about the same amount of time and then the third one, "Winds of Hope" I read it in one day. There are so good and I highly recommend them. So anyway I have been a reading fool. I forgot how much I enjoy reading. Spank said to me, "I didn't know you were such a book worm."

Also this week being off Monday night I went skiing with my sister in law Kamille and we met up with my other brother in law and his family at Wolf Mountain. I was a little nervous because I haven't been skiing in about three years. But it was just like riding a bike. It was so much fun, and again I forgot how much I enjoy skiing. I used to ski every weekend in jr high and high school at Snowbasin. The Standard Examiner had a ski school that you would catch a school bus at Ogden high and they would take us up to Snowbasin and you would have a lesson in the morning and then you could ski all afternoon. It was so much fun. But anyway about Monday night Spank's niece and nephews it was only their second time so we were helping them and so we didn't get too many runs but enough that my legs were getting tired. The snow was awesome until it started raining and thunder and lightening. Needless to say when the ligthening started they closed it down, but it was already nine o'clock and we were all soaked from the rain. I hope I get to go soon again and hopefully I can take Hadlie and teach her.

1 comment:

Paige M. said...

I read the "Rain" Series too! They are the best arent they? I really loved them and can't wait for the fourth one! I made my blog private, but I would love to invite you. Just e-mail me you adress and I will.

gummybearg@hotmail.com