Today we laid to rest a great man. My grandpa Pete McFarlane (my dad's dad) passed away on Monday. He was born August 30, 1931 and Passed away on August 25, 2008. It was their wedding anniversary. My grandma passed away 2years ago this September. It happened really fast. He was diagnosed with Lung Cancer last November, had surgery and went through kemo and was done in April of this year and was completely clean. But in July they found another spot in his lungs and he started with pain in his chest, shoulder, and back. Than last week he came down with Pneumonia which they say was caused by the cancer and we found out last Friday the cancer had spread to most of his body. So it didn't take long. Now he is with his sweetheart, but I feel so selfish I didn't want him to go. A couple of weeks ago Hadlie went in and spent the afternoon with him and she is very grateful for that. She told me today that she doesn't want to go to anymore funerals. I don't blame her. Shenel (Spank's) sister did the flowers and they were beautiful just like always. I am going to miss him lots and I already miss my grandma a lot. I am definitely going to miss going to the house and visiting and laughing with him. He had the greatest sense of humor. And always teasing the young kids. I will miss his jokes he did with his fingers that he lost when he was little to a battle he lost with the washing machine. It's funny Hadlie just noticed a couple of weeks ago that his Index and middle finger on the right hand were gone. Anyway I won't ramble on any more. Today was also Spank's birthday. He is the big 31!! So Hadlie and I cooked him a cake and wrapped a present for him. It was a lot of fun.
Our Last Wedding
8 months ago
3 comments:
AMY! I am so glad I get to see how great your blog is! I LOVE IT! Thanks for including me! Your post is so great. Great pics too. So great to see you guys. Hadlie is a dream! See you at the campout.
Thanks for sharing your comments about your Grandpa, all though we miss our loved ones that have left us, it is comforting to know that we will be with them again. Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys.
And Spank, Happy Birthday Ol'Man
I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa. He sounds like a wonderful man. I know how hard it is to let them go, but at the same time you're happy that they are in a better place. I hope all is well for you! Take care.
Post a Comment